Crew &Cruise is looking Sommeliers for our client, an important Hotel & Restaurant Group in Europe.
We are looking for passionate Sommeliers to join the team!!
A sommelier is a wine expert that creates wine lists that pair with food menus. Sommeliers create and update wine lists, make recommendations on food and wine pairings, and advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes.
Please note that we are recruiting in Latinoamerica!
- 2 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge on wines and regions of the different types.
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.
- An understading of the wine making process.
Minimum education qualifications:
- Completed Secondary Education
- Certification as a sommelier
- Verbal and written communications skills in English. Your interviews will take place in English
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food and Beverage Manager
- Recommend food and wine pairings
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
- Store open bottles properly to maintain strong taste
- Manage wine cellar and ensure it’s fully-stocked
- Train wait staff on available wines
- Negotiate purchase prices with vendors
- Organize wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events
- Ask guests for ID to verify legal drinking age
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
Share this position
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.