Apply by sending your CV in English: email@example.com
Recruiting in: Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Brazil and Mexico.
Position: Mess Boy
Department: Hotel / Restaurant
Immediate superior on board: Crew Steward F&B
Qualification / Job experience
- Job experience in a similar role, if possible onboard a cruise vessel.
- Economical thinking; ability to understand business targets
- Good command of the German and the English language (written and spoken)
- Responsible for the work flow in the assigned Mess area and the related administrative work, in close cooperation with the Crew Steward F&B.
- Ensure all operations are carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed standards
- Professional storage of all equipment in compliance with the agreed standards
- Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc.
- Checking procedures of routine tasks, such as set ups as well as storing of goods and equipment up to standard.
- Preparation of logs and check lists
- Inventories, examination and control of stock movements and orders in the area of responsibility
- Acceptance and checking of deliveries.
- Strict adherence to all agreed regulations (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO, SQM, Company Service standards), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility
- Cleaning and sanitizing of workplace and utensils, wearing/using PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Constant improvement of the work flow and standards, including input for manuals and regulations.
- Secure the careful handling of the company’s properties.
- Knowledge of the assigned security roll number (from the ship’s articles) and the assigned duties in case of an emergency.
- During take-over and shipyard times, additional tasks have to be fulfilled if required.
Share this position
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.