Crew & Cruise is looking for Doctors interested in working onboard cruises for Royal Caribbean Group.
If you are from one of the below countries please send your CV in English in chronological order starting from current employment. Send it in no longer than 3 pages.
Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Note that that these positions are for 2021.
Please read about the application process here.
Find below some sample CV for Doctors:
- At least 3 years of previous experience of clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required
- An active medical license that must be valid onboard and remain valid for the duration of your contract period.
- A medical degree from a recognized college or university.
- One-year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- You must also have valid Basic Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support certificates.
- Specialization with: Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Internal medicine, or pulmonology experience preferred.
- Fluency in English – Must be able to communicate (speak, read and write) and work as a medical professional in English
The shipboard medical team vary depending on the size of the vessel and its itinerary. For instance on mega ships consists of four doctors (1 Senior Doctor and 3 Jr. Doctors) and 5 nurses.
Cabin Entitlement: Single Cabin
Uniforms: Provided by the company at no cost.
Meals: provided by the company
Travel: Company will cover from and to the ship
Contract Length rotations of: 17 weeks onboard/follow by 8 weeks unpaid time
Salary: Highly competitive salary in US Dollars Tax Free
After a successful interview with the hiring company, candidate must get:
- Valid passport for at least 1 year.
- C1/D Visa (Reimbursed onboard)
- Complete Medical exam done in an approved facility. All seafarers including medical staff must undergo an extensive statutory ILO Seafarer’s Medical Fitness Examination prior to offer of employment in order that they are fit to carry out their emergency duties. This exam includes X-rays, blood and drug tests among others. If approved it is valid for 2 years.
- Police Clearance Certificate translated into English.
- Security Awareness Certificate (Online Certification). Please note that you do not need to get all the STCW courses.
Required Documents upon Boarding:
- Doctors must bring ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with them when they arrive to the ship:
• Medical School Diploma or equivalent, ACLS, PALS, ATLS and professional license certificates that are valid for the entire lengths of their contract. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to take the courses and tests that are necessary to keep these licenses valid along with any necessary post graduate credits.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
Share this position
Crew & Cruise does not charge any fee to candidates. Note that you should never pay money for an interview, position or shipboard assignment.
- The cruise job application process is FREE of charge for all applicants
- There are NO FEES involved at any and all points of the process
- Crew & Cruise Agency does not make the final hiring decisions
- All recruitment decisions are made by the cruiseline or hiring company.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.