Crew &Cruise is looking for Doctors interested in working onboard cruises for Royal Caribbean Ltd.
If you are from one of the below countries please send your CV in English:
Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Mexico.
Note that that these positions are for early 2021.
Please ensure you include details of your recent emergency medicine experience, with particular reference to your exposure and treatment of cardiac arrests and arrhythmias, acute coronary syndrome, conscious sedation, intubation, reduction of fractures/dislocations and other trauma.
- At least 3 years of previous experience of clinical experience in general and emergency medicine.
- An active medical license that must be valid onboard and remain valid for the duration of your contract period.
- A medical degree from a recognized college or university.
- You must also have valid Basic Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support certificates.
- Fluency in English – Must be able to communicate (speak, read and write) and work as a medical professional in English
The shipboard medical team vary depending on the size of the vessel and its itinerary. For instance on mega ships consists of four doctors (1 Senior Doctor and 3 Jr. Doctors) and 5 nurses.
Cabin Entitlement: Single Cabin
Uniforms: Provided by the company at no cost.
Meals: provided by the company
Travel: Company will cover from and to the ship
Contract Length rotations of: 17 weeks onboard/follow by 8 weeks unpaid time
Salary: Highly competitive salary in US Dollars Tax Free
Relative travel concessions: Family do qualify for discounts once the employee pass their probation period
After a successful interview with the hiring company, candidate must get:
- Valid passport for at least 1 year.
- C1/D Visa (Reimbursed onboard)
- Complete Medical exam done in an approved by facility. All seafarers including medical staff must undergo an extensive statutory ILO Seafarer’s Medical Fitness Examination prior to offer of employment in order that they are fit to carry out their emergency duties. This exam includes X-rays, blood and drug tests among others. If approved it is valid for 2 years.
- Police Clearance Certificate translated into English.
- Security Awareness Certificate (Online Certification)
Guest and crew medical care for minor to major emergency situations as well as the general medical care of all crew members including preventative medicine and care of chronic conditions while reporting necessary cases to the different port and health authorities of the different ports of call.
To provide medical services to all Crewmembers and Guests. The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Required Documents upon Boarding:
Doctors must bring ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with them when they arrive to the ship:
• Medical School Diploma or equivalent, ACLS, PALS, ATLS and professional license certificates that are valid for the entire lengths of their contract. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to take the courses and tests that are necessary to keep these licenses valid along with any necessary post graduate credits.
• Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
• One year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
• One year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the entire length of the contract on board the ship. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that these credentials are valid for the entire time he or she will be working on board
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
Share this position
Crew & Cruise does not charge any fee to candidates. Note that you should never pay money for an interview, position or shipboard assignment.
- The cruise job application process is FREE of charge for all applicants
- There are NO FEES involved at any and all points of the process
- Crew & Cruise Agency does not make the final hiring decisions
- All recruitment decisions are made by the cruiseline or hiring company.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.