Apply sending: CV in English along with Work Reference Letters and Certificate of Studies related to the position.
Recruiting in: Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Brazil and Mexico.
Position: Chief Baker
Department: Hotel / Galley
Immediate superior on board: Sous Chef
- Minimum age 23
- Management skills, authority, flexibility, self discipline
- Strong organising ability
- Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
- Cost and quality awareness
- Good communicator
- Team player
Qualification / Job experience
- Qualified training as a Baker
- Previous job experience as a Baker in a bakery or in a larger hotel, if possible onboard a cruise vessel.
- Economical, budget-orientated thinking; ability to analyse and explain business targets
- Good knowledge of inventory management
- Very good knowledge regarding bakery products, ingredients and recipes as well as calculations and production control
- Good knowledge of all cleaning procedures, cleaning agents, chemicals (including storage) and especially of the U.S.P.H. standards.
- Good command of the German and the English language (written + spoken)
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Responsible for the up-to-standard work flow in the bakery and the related administrative tasks, in close cooperation with the Sous Chefs.
- Preparation of all bakery products in strict adherence to the given standards.
- Ensure all operations are carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed quality and hygiene standards.
- Contribution to the food, beverage and consumables orders for the work area in strict adherence to budget-related and other requirements.
- Acceptance and checking of deliveries in the assigned work area.
- Implementation and checks of the professional, economic storage of all foodstuffs and equipment in compliance with the agreed hygiene and quality standards, with special regard to the compliance with expiry dates.
- Supervision and training of the strict adherence to all agreed regulations (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO, SQM, Company Service standards), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility.
- Safe storage assistance in adverse weather.
- Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc.
- Responsible for equipment set ups as well as storing of goods and equipment up to standard.
- Regular inspections of the work area with special regard to hygiene, cleanliness, safety and repairs.
- Preparation and regular checks of logs and check lists.
- Planning, organisation, documentation of inventories.
- Examination and control of stock movements and orders in the area of responsibility.
- Duty roster
- Cleaning supervision and assistance
Share this position
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.