Crew & Cruise is looking for experienced Security Guards interested in working onboard cruiselines.
If you have excellent English communication skills and at leats 2 yeard of experience in Marine Safety and Security we would like to hear from you!
- At least 2 yeard of experience in the field of Security and firearms handling skills are required.
- Previous experience in one of the following: army, aviation, hotel security, and/or police.
- Experience in a role of Security Guard aboard ship is a plus.
- Very good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Ability to work in mutlicultural environment.
The Security Guard conducts safety rounds, maintains gangway security, and acts as the first response whenever necessary to preserve the safety of guests, the crew, and the ship. You must always be alert and prepared to respond to unusual incidents according to proper procedures, reporting all incidents to the Chief Security Officer. You will also be expected to be familiar with Safety & Quality Management Program, use of all safety-related equipment, and strictly follow procedures regarding passenger complaints.
The main duties and responsibilites of a cruise ship Security Guard include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors security aboard the ship 24/7 alternating day and night shifts
- Presents to the Chief/Deputy Security Officer the log of activities during the night time hours
- Performs regular safety rounds of public, crew and off-limit areas of the ship
- Conducts frequent security inspections of the crew quarters during his/hers duty hours
- Must be trained in fire prevention and basic fire-fighting techniques and in case of discovering a fire to be able to access properly situation and act accordingly until arrival of the dedicated fire-fighting team
- Must be familliar with the use and location of all safety and security related equipment aboard the vessel
- Must prevent or report to the superior Security Officer any abuse of ship’s property or regulations that may occur
- Conducts random and scheduled crew cabin checks, alcohol and illegal drugs test as directed by the Chief Security Officer and the Staff Captain
- While on duty, the Security Guard must be always be alert and ready to take emergency action depending on the situation
- Attends meetings, training activities and courses as required by the cruise line regulations
- Assists the Chief/Deputy Security Officer in basic safety and security training of the rest of the officers, staff and crew aboard the ship
Share this position
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.