Crew & Cruise is looking for Registered Nurses interested in working onboard cruises Royal Caribbean Ltd. If you are from one of the below countries please send your CV in English in chronological order starting from current employment. Once you contact Crew & Cruise we will send you our CV template.
Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Note that that these positions are for 2021.
Please read about the application process here.
- Minimun of 3 years post-graduate clinical training in the fields of Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Critical Care Unit, Surgery, Anesthesia or Trauma Unit.
- A current nursing licence that must be valid onboard and remain valid for the duration of your contract period.
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Coronary Care, Emergency, or Intensive Care units.
- Minimum of 1 year experience performing Basic Life Support.
- Fluency in English – Must be able to communicate (speak, read and write) and work as a medical professional in English
The shipboard medical team vary depending on the size of the vessel and its itinerary. For instance on mega ships consists of four doctors (1 Senior Doctor and 3 Jr. Doctors) and 5 nurses.
Cabin Entitlement: Single Cabin
Uniforms: provided by the company at no cost.
Meals: provided by the company at no cost
Travel: Company will cover from and to the ship
Contract Length rotations of: 17 weeks onboard/follow by 8 weeks unpaid time.
Compensation: Excellent Salary in US Dollars Tax Free.
After a successful interview with the hiring company, candidate must get:
- Valid passport for at least 1 year.
- C1/D Visa (Reimbursed on onboard).
- Complete Medical exam done in an approved by facility. All seafarers including medical staff must undergo an extensive statutory ILO Seafarer’s Medical Fitness Examination prior to offer of employment in order that they are fit to carry out their emergency duties. This exam includes X-rays, blood and drug tests among others. If approved it is valid for 2 years.
- Police Clearance Certificate translated into English.
- Security Awareness Certificate (Online Certification). Please note that you do not need to get all the STCW courses.
- Position Summary:
This person is expected to provide medical nursing services to all Guests and Crewmembers who need it. The Nurse shall assist the Staff Captain, Senior Doctor, Doctor and Chief Nurse in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and Company policies. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or foreign equivalent is required.
Valid nursing license from country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support within one year of application, with renewal of Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification every two years from a recognized educational institution, is required.
Nature and Scope:
The Nurse on duty will, at all times, carry a two-way communication device or a handphone, ready to respond to emergencies.
The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
- Must maintain a positive behavior with Guests and Crewmembers.
- Must work well with Medical Center team members
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Impeccable behavior aboard the ship. Maintains decorum outside the medical center to the highest standards.
- Excessive alcohol intake is unacceptable.
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
Share this position
Crew & Cruise does not charge any fee to candidates. Note that you should never pay money for an interview, position or shipboard assignment.
- The cruise job application process is FREE of charge for all applicants
- There are NO FEES involved at any and all points of the process
- Crew & Cruise agency does not make the final hiring decisions
- All recruitment decisions are made by the cruiseline or hiring company.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.