Crew &Cruise is looking for looking for experienced Broadcast Operators / Broadcast Technicians interested in working onboard cruiselines.
- 2 to 3 years television broadcast or television production experience required.
- Knowledge of broadcast, video productions and technical television operation production. This includes producing, directing, shooting and editing of feature length, short formats, commercial and documentary style programming.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in broadcasting, technical field preferred.
- Ability to edit on both linear and non-linear production systems in multiple formats such as Beta SP, Beta SX, SVHS, MPEG, etc required.
- Ability to operate Macintosh and Windows computer platforms and familiar with AVID required and a variety of Adobe products such a PhotoShop, After Affects, Illustrator, Premier preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations in the areas of live TV directing, call and switch live multiple camera programs, TV programming, scheduling and traffic.
- Knowledge of satellite uplink and downlink procedures, as well as signal tracking while at sea preferred.
- Excelent level of spoken English.
The Broadcast Technician is responsible for the total operation of the Broadcast Center, as well as the recording of various passenger events around the ship and shipboard video production & editing.
The broadcast technician helps ensure that guests enjoy their stay on board as much as their time in port. They embrace the challenge of being in the spotlight or working behind the scenes to deliver world-class productions in the different performance venues on board; and also take charge of activities and events designed to create an atmosphere of fun and excitement aboard ships for guests of all ages. Previous entertainment or guest activities experience in a four- or five-star cruise ship, hotel, resort, restaurant, or lounge is required to join this team.
Share this position
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to reply each and every candidate.We can only reply to those who meet the requirements and in case we have a position available. Please check your spam folder. Remind that interviews are in English only.